Residents are encouraged to recycle. Recycling Carts are available to every Jackson Center resident. Carts should be placed at the curb for collection with their regular trash pickup. Items that are being set out for recycling pick up need to be curbside BEFORE 7:00 a.m. on pick-up day. Truck pick-up begins at 7:00 a.m. Bi-Weekly. Recycling collection occurs every other Tuesday, unless it has been delayed one day due to a major holiday or severe weather. Please check the Community Calendar on this website to view the recycling collection days.
The village has a recycling cart collection system that you may dispose of the following items in:
- Newspapers, magazines, advertisements, junk mail, copy paper, paperboard and cardboard. All papers should be placed loose in the cart or put in brown paper bags. Do not bundle or tie papers. All cardboard and paperboard boxes (cereal, cracker, cake & rices boxes) must be flattened and cut down into pieces smaller than 2 feet by 3 feet.
- Please remove all plastic wraps & bags.
- NO wet papers/boxes will be accepted.
- NO boxes with Food Residue (such as pizza boxes with grease or cheese).
- Plastic bottles and jugs (#1 & #2 ONLY), glass bottles & jars, aluminum cans and steel food cans. Please remove all lids & rinse thoroughly.
- PLASTIC bottles & jugs include milk jugs, beverage bottles, shampoo bottles, laundry jugs and household cleaning bottles. Only plastic bottles and jugs that have a #1 or #2 recycling symbol on them will be accepted for recycling.
- GLASS bottles & jars include clear, green and brown glass food or beverage bottles/jars. NO other glass items will be accepted for recycling.
- ALUMINUM cans include food & beverage containers and pet food cans. NO scrap aluminum will be accepted for recycling.
- STEEL cans include bi-metal (tin/steel) food, soup, coffee and pet food cans. NO scrap steel will be accepted for recycling.
Automotive product containers, plastic containers #3 through #7, bowls, buckets, tubs, bags, flower pots, microwave/fast food trays, styrofoam, toys, mirrors, ceramics, light bulbs, window glass, drinking glasses, dishes, china, paint cans, pots, pans, hangers, medical needles, diapers, batteries or appliances.
PLEASE NOTE: Republic Waste Services reserves the right to refuse any unacceptable items. The curbside recycling program is for Residential Recycling Only.
Recycling is provided by Republic Waste Services. The recycling fee of $3.52 is included in your monthly utility bill.
If you are a new resident or need a replacement Recycling Cart please call 1-800-601-1867 which is the Republic Services Call Center.
Recycling trailers are located at 500 Jerry Drive and is open dawn to dusk. This service is provided at no additional cost to Shelby County residents.
The site accepts newspapers, magazines, plastic, glass, aluminum, bi-metal cans and cardboard and will not accept any other items. Cardboard must be broken down and flattened and materials shall not be placed outside their appropriate labeled bins.