Property Maintenance Compliance
The Village of Jackson Center enforces a property maintenance code to maintain the character of our community.
The code outlines general provisions for property upkeep and applies to all residential, commercial and business properties in the city.
Examples of property maintenance issues include:
- Unlicensed and junk vehicles
- Material storage on property
- Trash, car parts, furniture, appliances and other debris on the property
- Tall grass and weeds
- General maintenance condition of the structures on the property, such as:
- Exterior siding
- Broken windows
- Gutters and downspouts in disrepair
- Peeling paint
- Roofs, walls or foundations in disrepair
- Deteriorated entrance or storm doors
- Deteriorated sidewalks
- Sheds, garages and fences in disrepair
- Unsanitary conditions on or about the property
Effective August 25, 2008, The Village of Jackson Center Council adopted Ordinance 2008-019 regarding the adoption of the International Property Maintenance Code and it is available for review:
Ordinance Adopted August 25, 2008
2003 International Property Maintenance Code
Effective October 1, 2013 the Jackson Center Police Department is managing the International Property Maintenance Code for the Village of Jackson Center.
For additional information or for making a complaint, contact the Jackson Center Police Department at (937) 596-6140.