Dump Truck Rental
Residents of the Village of Jackson Center may make arrangements to rent one of the Village dump trucks to dispose of household garbage and waste. If you would like to utilize this service, please stop by the Village Office and complete this Dump Truck Rental Agreement form along with making the required deposit. A property owner will make a $75.00 deposit and a renter will make a $150.00 deposit before a truck will be delivered. This deposit covers the cost of the dump truck rental ($25.00) with the remainder of the deposit covering the landfill fee to dispose of the contents of the dump truck. Once the Village receives the invoice from the disposal facility for disposal of the contents and deducts the charge from the deposit, the remainder of the deposit (if any) will be refunded to the resident.
Once the Dump Truck Rental Agreement has been completed and the deposit paid, a Village employee will deliver a dump truck to your property and park it where you designate the truck to be parked. The truck will stay stationary until a Village employee picks up the truck for disposal.
The resident is responsible for the loading of the dump truck and its contents. No liquids, batteries, paint, toxic materials, oils, hazardous waste materials, or closed containers of any kind.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS: Household garbage and waste, CDM (wood, plaster, carpet, lath), large item trash and junk.
LIST OF UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS:
- Appliances that have contained Freon or dehumidifiers
- Auto/Petroleum Products: tires, batteries, antifreeze, oil, lubricants, fluids, gas, kerosene
- Garden Products: yard waste, fertilizers, pesticides, garden chemicals
- Paint/Hobby Products: liquid paint, thinners, solvents, stains, lacquer, varnish, wood stains, preservatives, paint stripper, glue, adhesives, fluorescent lights, ammunition, photographic chemicals.
- All Roofing Materials
Loading the Dump Truck:
- The dump truck must be loaded EVENLY and LEVEL - Nothing higher than the top rail.
- Concrete, asphalt, dirt and other inert materials may not be loaded any higher than 2 feet above the floor.
- Mattresses, appliances, sofas, tires, televisions, computer monitors, and electronic waste are subject to additional charges at the local disposal facilities and must be noted to employee when picked up. Fees range from $5 to $200 per item.
- Weight limit of 7 tons. Any load exceeding this limit is overweight and can be dangerous and is subject to a surcharge.
- Hard to handle materials including any items measuring 3' x 3' or larger, and agricultural waste are subject to additional landfill fees.
The rates charged for these services include delivery fees, fees for each dump, landfill disposal (usually per ton), overweight charges if loads exceed our 7 ton weight limit, delay charges if truck cannot be dumped or accessed due to customer error, additional labor charges to adjust uneven, unsafe or overloaded truck and moving or relocation charges. Customers will be charged for any material not accepted by the local disposal facilities depending on extra handling and proper disposal costs. Unacceptable materials may be returned to the resident at additional charges. Negligent or intentional disposal of hazardous waste is subject to large fines and criminal prosecution.