The Jackson Center Mayor’s Court is held on the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Monday of every month, at 5:30 Pm. The Mayor’s Court is located at 110 South Linden Street, Jackson Center, Ohio 45334. Mayor Klopfenstein presides over all traffic / non-OVI related cases. The phone number for Mayor’s Court is 937-596-6140 and the Mailing address for the Jackson Center Mayor’s Court is 122 East Pike Street, P.O. Box 819, Jackson Center, Ohio 45334.
If you receive a citation into the Jackson Center Mayor’s Court, you have the following options.
- Appear in Court on the date and time specified on the ticket (110 South Linden Street, Jackson Center, Ohio 45334)
- Pay through mail, All money received by mail will be processed as a guilty plea, waiver of court trial (per Ohio Traffic Rule 13). Payments MUST be received PRIOR to the court date and mailed to 122 East Pike Street, P.O. Box 819, Jackson Center, Ohio 45334.
- Post Bond (IN PERSON ONLY) – This options leaves you the opportunity to appear in Court on the date listed. Should you decide NOT to appear, the money will be forfeited with no plea entered on the record.
- Have the case transferred to Sidney Municipal Court. If you wish to have the case transferred a request must be submitted in writing PRIOR to the listed court date and time on the citation.
Options # 2 and # 3 WILL assess points to your driving record according to the schedule as set forth in the Ohio Revised Code
Option # 1 MAY assesses these points depending on the outcome of the Court appearance.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO POST BOND/WAIVER PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED COURT DATE THEN YOU MUST APPEAR IN COURT
If you receive a citation and do not complete one of the above mentioned acts, then your driver’s license will be suspended and a warrant for your arrest may be issued.
Frequently asked questions
- Does the Jackson Center Mayor’s court accept credit / debit cards? Not at this time
- Does the Jackson Center Mayor’s Court accept partial payments? NO, if you wish to obtain more time to pay a citation, you MUST appear in court and be granted an extension by the Mayor presiding over your case.
- What happens if I do not show proof of insurance? You must show proof of insurance either at the time of the traffic stop or when you pay your citation or appear in court. Failure to provide proof of insurance will result in a drivers license suspension through the Ohio BMV.
- How do I obtain my driver’s license back once suspended by the Jackson Center Mayor’s Court? You must pay the bond or appear in court on the next scheduled court date. Once there is a judgment entry or bond payment received a release of forfeiture will be issued and you can then contact the Ohio BMV and pay a reinstatement fee to obtain a valid status. All issues concerning forfeitures must be done either during a scheduled court date or Monday thru Friday from 8Am to 4Pm.
- What if I can not appear in court on the date and time listed? Then you must take one of the following options listed above.
- What is the preferred method of payment? A personal check or money order