The Village of Jackson Center is posting the opening for a Part-Time Police Officer for the Village of Jackson Center. To apply and for additional information see the posting below:
Part-Time Police Officer
Under general supervision, patrols assigned area in police cruiser or on foot. Enforces Federal, State and Local laws. Provides assistance concerning laws, ordinances and general information to the public, provides public services to children, elderly and others in need of assistance. Investigates criminal and traffic complaints. Will be required to generate detailed reports with regards to criminal and non-criminal incidents. Will have to appear in court and before the grant jury to provide testimony regarding incidents and investigations.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment
- Possess current OPOTA certification
- Possess a valid driver's license
- High School diploma or GED
- Applicant must pass pre-employment background check
- Applicant will be subject to drug screenings
- Prior law enforcement experience
- Degree from an accredited College or University
Applications must be submitted with copies of the applicant's driver's license and any of the above mentioned certificates. Completed applications must be submitted to the following address:Village of Jackson Center Attn: Chief Charles Wirick 122 East Pike Street PO Box 819 Jackson Center, Ohio 45334
Click the link below to download and print the JCPD Employment Application.
The Village of Jackson Center is an equal opportunity employer.